Thursday 19 January 2012

Killer Push (chest) Superset!

Killer  Push Superset!

One of my favorite push exercises is a heavy dumbbell push off the ground with a twist (literally!). I like to add the twist as it is adds functionality to a normally 2 dimensional exercise because it more closely mimics pushing a heavy object (such as a person!) off the ground and also a punch. Since I have a keen interest in fight training, this is a great movement pattern for me, and I have found it really helps with power & strength. 

Also just to add an extra burn and increase my heart rate, I super-set this exercise with a standard push-up. I like the push-up because if done correctly, it uses just about every muscle in your body. Especially your core and chest!

If you have no back or shoulder pain and have perfected the dumbbell press,  give this superset a try and take your workout to the next level!

We did this work out at golds gym, Omotesando Tokyo.


Yours in good health,
Lani


No comments:

Post a Comment